Sajama National Park is a national park located in the Oruro Department, Bolivia. It borders Lauca National Park in Chile. It features a spectacular Andean landscape. It contains the snowy cone of the volcano Sajama, the highest mountain in Bolivia. Added to the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List due to its universal cultural and natural significance.
• Lauca River
• Sajama Volcano
• Huayna Sajama Hot Springs
• Tomarapi Town
• Curahuara de Carangas
• Tombs of Ancient Mummies (Chullpares)
• Red rock landscapes asi if you were in Mars!
• Protected Vicuna flocks and Pink Flamingos
• Paintings at the "Andean Sistine Chapel"
• Aymara culture and every day life
• Birthwatching at Lauca River
• Visit pre-hispanic archaeological sites
• Bathe in natural hot springs
• Interact with indigenous people
• Overnight at famous Ecolodge Tomarapi
Route & Tour Duration
From La Paz to Oruro and Sajama National Park, round trip. Minimun tour time: 2 days. Suggested tour time: 3 days.
You may connect your visit to Lake Titicaca and La Paz to Sajama. from Sajama you can connect to north of Chile or returning via Oruro, connect to Potosí and Uyuni Salt Desert.